Many have heard about classic surgical intervention, but non-surgical rhinoplasty is a relatively new technique in medicine and, of course, there are many doubts about it. This article will talk about the nuances of the conduction and rehabilitation of non-surgical rhinoplasty. It will be especially useful for those who have complexes of nasal imperfections, but are not ready for surgical intervention.
What is it and how is it done?
The non-surgical correction of deficiencies consists of the installation of special fillers or threads, with the help of which the shape of the nose is corrected and symmetry occurs.
This method is suitable for those who have small flaws that are not accompanied by respiratory problems and deviated septum or nasal bone.
This method cannot be considered a complete alternative to surgical intervention (with the exception of laser rhinoplasty), since some defects can be corrected only by classical rhinoplasty.
The differences between non-surgical and classic rhinoplasty are as follows:
- simplicity in execution, there is no long and painful rehabilitation period (here we describe how rehabilitation occurs with conventional rhinoplasty);
- execution speed;
- affordable cost;
- short duration of the effect;
- fails to correct serious problems.
It should be noted that this procedurecan be performed whenever the effect is weakened.
Types of plastics without surgery
Non-surgical rhinoplasty can be of several types. How each one is made and how long the result lasts will be described in detail below.
Filled nasal plasty - injectable drugs, which are used as fillers to correct defects caused by lack of tissue.The procedure has no side effects,does not cause swelling and dissolves on its own in 1. 5 years.
The nasal area is treated with an antiseptic and the filling is injected subcutaneously. The whole procedure takes about half an hour, after which the patient can go home.
Fills can be:
- biodegradable- produced based on bio-substances - hyaluronic acid, collagen;
- biodegradable- synthetic substances - silicone and so on;
- autologous- the body's own adipose tissue.
Rhinoplasty by injection is also considered the administration of hormonal medications. This procedure requires the utmost care and precision, because if the exact dosage is not followed, the situation may get worse.The effect after the procedure is quite long,but complications can occur in the form of tissue atrophy.
In this case, instead of the scalpel for plastic surgery, the laser is used, therefore, the incisions are smoother and the bleeding is eliminated by cauterization of the vessels.
The surgical approach to laser surgery is not much different from classic rhinoplasty.
With the help of a laser, the surgeon's task is simplified, it is possible not only to speed up the operation itself, but also to shorten the rehabilitation period. Before the operation, the patient must prepare, undergo tests and consult restricted specialists. With a laser rhinoplasty performed correctly, the result is maintained for a long time.
Many plastic surgeons do not consider this type of rhinoplasty effective, so it is not common. Most of the time, the wires are used to correct the shape of the nose tip or wings (read about conventional rhinoplasty techniques for the nose wings, its tip and other parts here). The specialist drills small holes where the wires are inserted. Leather and fabrics are fixed in position using artificial material. The effect lasts for a long time.
Langette is a special device that looks like a plastic clothespin. It is designed to be used for several hours a day, so that changes in the shape of the cartilage tissue can be achieved. However, it will take several months to learn the pronounced effect. You can correct minor defects:
- returns symmetry to the nose;
- straighten a small bump;
- lifting the tip of the nose (you will learn to solve problems with the tip of the nose with the help of classic rhinoplasty of a special material);
- decreases the width of the wings.
Before and after photos
Next, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with the photos of the patients before and after the nasal plastic, which was performed without surgery.
Rhinoplasty with injection is performed in the following cases:
- bump on the back of the nose;
- rear flat top;
- nasal asymmetry;
- depressions and valleys;
- tip of the nose tilted;
- acute angles of the nose;
- need for correction after surgical rhinoplasty.
The indications for laser rhinoplasty are:
- change the length of the nose;
- very wide nasal bridge;
- unsightly nasal dorsum;
- wide or narrow tip;
- nostrils too wide or too narrow;
- wing correction.
There are functional indications for this procedure:
- nasal lesion with bone or cartilage fracture;
- congenital curvature of the back of the nose, which hinders the passage of air;
- defect at the base of the cartilage.
A number of contraindications:
- presence of cancer disease;
- predisposition to allergic reactions - possible allergy to fillers injected under the skin;
- period of pregnancy and lactation;
- Early childhood - cartilaginous tissue in children is not fully formed and premature correction can lead to a worsening of the situation in the future;
- It is not recommended to perform procedures during menstruation.
Why is this technique dangerous?
Although non-surgical rhinoplasty has a very low effect on the state of the body as a whole, it can lead to undesirable consequences:
- Incorrect insertion of the pad under the skin can cause the helium lumps to move sideways over time, and the resulting shape will change.
- There is a risk of infection and infection.
- Swelling and bruising appear immediately after the procedure, but in most cases these consequences disappear without treatment in a few days.
- It is impossible to change the shape of the nose immediately after an unsuccessful procedure, as the drugs administered are persistent and their division only begins after a few months.
Other complications include:
- redness of the skin;
- embolic changes in the vessels;
- fibrotic changes at the injection site;
- whitish accumulations in adjacent injection zones.
Complications can be short or long term, if there is a persistent deterioration in appearance or well-being, you should consult a specialist.
Most of the time, several types of complications after non-surgical rhinoplasty occur when the procedure is performed by a low qualified doctor or in non-specialized salons.
To protect yourself from such inactive phenomena, you need to take a responsible approach when choosing the clinic and doctor who will direct the procedure, as well as, if necessary, prepare yourself properly for the procedure. In addition, it is necessary to inform the doctor in advance about existing diseases, including chronic ones, since the choice of method will depend on this.
We talked about what consequences can be expected for patients after classic rhinoplasty and how they can be avoided here.
The peculiarity of non-surgical rhinoplasty is that it has a short period of rehabilitation. On average, it takes 1 to 2 days for all bruises to disappear. The swelling of the tissues can remain for up to 5 days and to decrease it more quickly, it is recommended to apply ice packs to the site of exposure in the first hours after the procedure - this will prevent the spread of the edema.
|Type of retinoplasty||Pros||Cons.Conszx./ zxtr>|
Dissatisfaction with one's appearance often becomes the cause of a person's complexities, the development of depression and psychosis. But sometimes it is enough to pull the tip of the nose a little, so that life shines with bright colors and self-confidence appears.
But not all people, even if very dissatisfied with their appearance, can afford classic rhinoplasty - some are afraid of the price, others are afraid of complications and unsuccessful operations and some are afraid of a long period of rehabilitation. In this case, it makes sense to think about non-surgical rhinoplasty, which, although not a complete alternative to surgical intervention, can easily face some inconveniences.