According to experts, the most common among women plastic surgery is rhinoplasty. The shape of their nose, displeased many, and often a psychological problem is so great that makes you go under the scalpel. Fortunately, plastic surgery now make it possible to achieve what previously seemed unreal.
The types of rhinoplasty and features of the procedure
A popular surgical repair of the nose at the same time is one of the most difficult in plastic surgery. We all want to have a perfect appearance, but before deciding on such a radical change, you need to carefully weigh the pros and cons and make sure you have no contraindications to surgery.
To get a nose job surgeons recommend for a number of reasons medical and aesthetic character. The main indications for surgery are:
- congenital or acquired (after trauma) deformity of the nose;
- difficulty in nasal breathing due to the curvature of the septum or hypertrophy of the mucous membrane of the turbinates;
- objective aesthetic defects — the presence of severe gibbo, pointed, thickened or lowered the tip, the disproportionate size of the nose or parts of it.
Like any surgical intervention, have a rhinoplasty, there are a long list of contraindications. About surgery have to forget those who have one of the following chronic systemic diseases:
- diabetes mellitus;
- cardiovascular disease (CHD, severe hypertension, valvular heart disease, arrhythmia);
- autoimmune diseases (rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus);
- viral hepatitis, cirrhosis and other liver damage;
- bronchopulmonary disease;
- immunodeficiency States;
- diseases associated with bleeding disorders;
- malignant tumors;
- allergic diseases (can cause the development of anaphylactic shock).
Rhinoplasty is absolutely contraindicated in severe General infections such as tuberculosis.
Some diseases and conditions can exclude the possibility of rhinoplasty only temporarily. These include:
- acute viral infections (SARS, influenza, herpes);
- diseases of ENT organs (rhinitis, sinusitis, otitis);
- inflammatory changes of the skin;
- pregnancy and breast-feeding.
There are also age restrictions for the procedure. Rhinoplasty is not recommended for children and adolescents up to 18 years of age the process of formation of the anatomical structures of the nose is not yet complete, and the effects of surgery can be unpredictable. After 55 years to perform plastic also undesirable: in adulthood the recovery processes are slowed down, and this complicates the rehabilitation period. However, age-related contraindications are not absolute, and the question of operation in this case is solved individually. For example, if congenital malformations of the structure of the nose cause breathing problems, frequent rhinitis, sinusitis, otitis, then perform plastic, even if the patient has not reached 18 years of age.
To determine the indications for rhinoplasty and make sure there are no contraindications before the procedure the survey is conducted. The primary stage of training consultation where the patient discusses with the doctor worried about his defect and talks about the desired results. The duty of the surgeon to give a true prediction and not support unrealistic expectations, which are sometimes from customers.
Next is the standard preoperative diagnostic. You need to take a blood General and biochemical tests for infections (HIV, viral hepatitis, syphilis), to the ECG, visit a therapist and anesthesiologist. Sometimes you need x-ray paranasal sinuses and consult a dentist.
To the operation of rhinoplasty was successful, and the recovery was quick, the procedure you need to properly prepare. Two weeks before the scheduled event, it is advisable to adjust your lifestyle and nutrition to give up bad habits and unhealthy foods, to establish the sleep mode. You should stop taking drugs which prevent blood clotting (anticoagulants): their action can lead to severe bleeding during surgery. On the day of the procedure do not eat, if the surgery will be under General anesthesia.
Features of the operation are determined by its form. Plastic surgery of nose (rhinoplasty) is a common name, which combines different types of surgical correction. Depending on defect is one of the following types of intervention:
- Reconstruction is a complicated operation, which consists in the reconstruction of anatomical structures of the nose damaged by injury or already botched rhinoplasty. Often used the method of implantation.
- Correction of the shape — operation on the bridge of the nose, which allows you to make it more narrow or wide, eliminate bending, to remove gibbo or retraction.
- Plastic columella . So in medical language is called a jumper that separates the nostrils. With the help of operation, you can zoom in or out, raise or lower.
- Plastic nose tip is a relatively simple operation, aimed at eliminating such common defects as "bulbous nose", upturned. Surgically possible to lift the tip of the nose, sharpen it or extend.
- Plastic wings of the nose . Her most often turn to those who own nose seems too wide: the intervention allows to adjust the size and cut of the nostrils. After the plastic nose becomes more refined and aristocratic appearance.
- Septorhinoplasty . Its essence lies in the correction of defects of the nasal septum. Plastics of this type performed for medical reasons.
- Augmentationem plastic — the operation to raise sunken bridge by implanting a private or donor cartilage.
Even this brief description it is clear that the scope of intervention and the degree of trauma in rhinoplasty can be very different. It's one thing when you need to fix the tip of the nose or reduce the columella, and quite another — when you want to "cut" gibbo or raise the nose. Depending on the ultimate goal and apply various methods of access — open and closed. The first method is more invasive: are skin incisions, the affected cartilage and bone tissue. When closed rhinoplasty accessed from the mucosa. This operation takes place with minimal damage, and the rehabilitation period after it shorter. But serious defects often can be addressed only with open access.
The operation is performed under General anesthesia. The procedure itself lasts an average of one to three hours. Correcting the defect, the surgeon stitches and a plaster cast.
This is important
To return to normal life immediately after surgery will not work. During the recovery period, it may be difficult to breathe through the nose, also can be concerned about the problems of aesthetic nature: swelling, hematomas. Do not be afraid: this is quite natural, because during surgery, the damaged vessels. Bruising and swelling after rhinoplasty will disappear in about two weeks.
To the rehabilitation period passed quickly and without complications, surgeons recommend to follow some rules:
- to delete the sport, not to lift weights;
- not to use spicy food, hot food and drinks, alcohol — they can cause bleeding;
- to wear the pressure bandage (for approximately 10-14 days);
- for the early resorption of hematomas and swelling, you can use special external resources and to implement rehabilitation treatments that the physician prescribes.
The final result of the transformation will be visible through the year after surgery because of soft tissue swelling lasts up to three to four months, and the swelling of the periosteum osteotomy for up to six to eight months.
How to choose a doctor for a rhinoplasty
All of the above convinces us that how important step is the decision to resort to rhinoplasty. To hope for success in this matter is unacceptable: because of the lack of skill of the surgeon is a big risk to get complications or at least unsatisfactory result. Therefore, the choice of doctor and clinic should be treated very seriously. To protect yourself from errors, it is necessary to pay attention to the following points:
- Documentation, based on which works selected clinic. She must have the license for implementation of medical activities. There are other necessary documents: sanitary-epidemiological conclusion, the rules of the medical services. It is necessary to ask about presence of certificates on the equipment and materials.
- Make sure that the doctor has a high enough qualification. About the professional achievements of the surgeon will tell you diplomas, awards, and degrees, certificates of additional education.
- To assess the level of service at the clinic. First, the service affects the psychological comfort of patients, and this is very important in such areas as aesthetic medicine. Secondly, service — level indicator of the clinic as a whole, and hence the quality of services. You can meet staff, learn what's included in the program, in addition to the operation itself (provided consultation and rehabilitation treatments during rehabilitation and post-rehabilitation periods).
- To learn about the responsibility of doctors. Good surgeons are confident in your professionalism and ready to answer for the result of the operations. Before you sign a contract with the institution, you should carefully examine the text of the document and all the terms and conditions on which the rendered medical services.
- The cost of services is an important selection criterion. The price of a nose job is always different, and not always they match the quality of services. The operation in principle, can not be called cheap, and this issue deserves separate consideration.
How much is rhinoplasty
At the expense of rhinoplasty are influenced by various conditions:
- the complexity of the procedure, the volume of surgical intervention;
- the qualification of the surgeon (for example, an operation at the doctor of the highest category will cost more than the less famous specialist);
- level clinic;
- the region (cost of rhinoplasty in big cities is higher than in the province).
The first factor is the most significant. Different types of rhinoplasty are not the same, and it is natural: the particularities of the intervention determine the time and effort spent by the surgeon.
The range of prices for the same services in different clinics is very large. Choose the cheapest offer is always risky: unlikely to endanger their own health and beauty in the pursuit of savings. It is better to focus on the average level of prices, and of course, without ignoring the other selection criteria.
Thanks to the skills of plastic surgeons to get rid of any defects. But in the quest for a perfect appearance do not forget about the fact that rhinoplasty is a complex operation, and perform it better only if there were serious evidence. But no matter what was the reason for the decision: medical necessity or dissatisfaction with the shape and size of the nose, — the main thing — to be attentive to the choice of clinics and specialists.