Rhinoplasty is considered an important surgical procedure. Often, the result obtained after rhinoplasty is not always what we would like. And that already requires a second operation. Rhinoplasty will be considered unsuccessful if it does not bring the desired effect or aggravates the patient's condition. It must be handled with great responsibility. With an incorrect correction of the shape of the nose, loss of smell, curvature of the septum and difficulty in the respiratory process, excessive swelling can be achieved. Therefore, before rhinoplasty, it is necessary to be aware that the result may be different from the desired one.
Unfortunately, it is quite difficult to predict how rehabilitation will take place. Even the most experienced doctor will not be able to tell you exactly what the body's reaction will be. Therefore, it is believed that plastic is a work of jewelry and rhinoplasty is filigree. The consequences after surgery may be irreversible and, in preparation for such an intervention, all possible risks must be sensibly evaluated.
The most likely side effects of rhinoplasty are:
- nose bleed;
- hyperpigmentation at the exposure site;
- lymph and blood flow disturbances, leading to the formation of edema and bruises;
- hemorrhages in the operated and approximated areas;
- total or partial loss of smell;
- difficulty breathing due to swelling of the mucous membranes;
- nasal septum curvature;
- excessive formation of scar tissue, which ensures the formation of a voluminous scar;
- inflammatory process in soft tissue.
The occurrence of the above signs characterizes an unsuccessful operation.
Causes of complications
Knowing the possible causes of complications after plastic surgery, preventing them, is much easier and safer for the body.
Lack of experience
The most common prerequisite for the side effects of rhinoplasty is low surgeon qualification. Insufficient experience leads the physician to ignore some mandatory points. Furthermore, the influence of a little development of practical skills is possible. They are especially important in rhinoplasty. The nose has a very complex structure and at the slightest mistake, any wrong movement can have irreversible consequences.
Wrong choice of technique
An inexperienced doctor may not necessarily be wrong. Experienced surgeons make mistakes too, and that happens far more often than we'd like. That's because there are several rhinoplasty techniques. Each of them is ideal for use in patients with certain anatomical features according to the desired goals. The wrong choice of technique for nose plastic surgery can also lead to serious results, which in most cases cannot be eliminated.
Disorders in postoperative care
A successful plastic surgery is only half the positive result. The second part is about the recovery period. It will be the patient's behavior at this time that will be of great importance. Failure to comply with medical recommendations results in the appearance of edema, bruises and active tissue scars. A doctor who performs plastic surgery can usually form an accurate picture of how the rehabilitation will take place and tell you what means will help to reduce it.
Patients often neglect specialist advice before plastic surgery, based on the experience of friends or their own subjective feelings. And the result of this attitude is the deterioration of the condition, the appearance of pigmentation, the swelling that doesn't go away, and other unpleasant side effects characteristic of unsuccessful nasal plastics.
How can complications be avoided?
Anyone would rather prevent a problem than solve it. In the case of rhinoplasty, this is an absolute and totally correct decision. Minimizing risk doesn't just help you get the highest quality results. Allows you to avoid the manifestation of side effects and makes recovery as easy as possible.
- Doctor and clinic selection. The best is to choose the specialist, with the "portfolio" that there is the opportunity to "know" live. This will help to see how well he is able to incorporate the patients' wishes to form an overall picture of professionalism. In addition, you can read reviews from those who had rhinoplasty at your chosen clinic and from a specific doctor. For that, it is necessary to dedicate some time and try to find information about the surgeon, anesthesiologist in the evaluations. When choosing, you shouldn't be guided only by comments on the "native" site - they are generally moderated and not all of them can be published. An excellent result will be shown by visual photos before and after rhinoplasty.
- Elaboration of the most accurate project. In order for the surgeon to better understand what the patient wants, modern medicine uses computer-aided design. Having defined the basic parameters of the face, the program allows you to make it as close as possible to the natural correction. This way, the person will be able to see how satisfied they will be with the expected result of the nose job. The doctor, in turn, will be able to evaluate the possibility of driving and, if necessary, suggest alternatives. But it should be borne in mind that such a design is not always able to take into account all anatomical features and, therefore, cannot guarantee the total fulfillment of the desired result.
- Strict compliance with recommendations before and after plastic surgery. Contrary to popular belief, preparation for intervention is very important. It helps determine the degree of scarring during remission, predicts the development of bruises and edema. Therefore, before undergoing rhinoplasty, you should consult your doctor and follow all his advice exactly. Postoperative care minimizes side effects, reducing pain, swelling and scarring after rhinoplasty.
The result becomes completely visible after 6-8 months. So far, small swellings and edema may appear and disappear periodically. Before term, you should not give in to panic - lymphatic flow and blood flow are not restored immediately and therefore side effects may appear after rhinoplasty for a period of time.
After plastic surgery, patients sometimes want to correct the shape of the nose. This allows, if possible, to restore the violations that were identified during an unsuccessful repair.
This intervention has a number of complexities. The new procedure after an unsuccessful rhinoplasty, in most cases, is much more serious than the first one. At this stage, the shape of the nose is already being corrected based on the amount of tissue available. And this can significantly complicate the surgeon's task. This rhinoplasty in no way guarantees the full achievement of the desired result. Therefore, you must first consult several doctors.
Corrective rhinoplasty is performed if the patient has minor defects. It is performed under local anesthesia and can be nothing more than an adjustment to a fully finished version. This typically includes nose tip rhinoplasty and scar tissue removal.
Non-surgical correction is also performed in the absence of serious violations after an unsuccessful operation. It is performed under local anesthesia and may include fillers. They help to "fill in", if necessary, indentations and irregularities formed, emphasize cartilage and correct angles.
The contour also aims at the filigree correcting the details of the nose. It involves the use of hyaluronic acid, which forms a special "structure" for the skin and tissues. With its help, it is possible to correct details, angles and asymmetries of the nose.
- Rhinoplasty is a very serious and responsible step. When agreeing to an operation, one should be aware that it is impossible to return everything to its previous state. Therefore, it is very important the psychological readiness to perform the intervention and wait six months for the final result until the edema completely disappears.
- Choosing a clinic and a surgeon plays a very important role in performing high-quality nose surgery. Before going for a consultation, you should read the reviews on the net. The more information that is found before rhinoplasty, the easier the decision will be. You shouldn't focus on loud advertising - it often hides low professionalism, a large number of mandatory additional paid services and not the best attitude towards customers.
- At the initial consultation, you should try to describe the desired plastic surgery outcome as accurately as possible to the doctor. This will help you navigate better and chart a "working front". Understanding the result desired by the surgeon contributes to obtaining it more precisely. It is likely that a conventional nose tip rhinoplasty will suffice rather than a full intervention.
- An experienced surgeon will definitely clarify the presence of respiratory problems, allergic reactions, previous illnesses and medications in use. This helps to compile the most complete clinical picture, from which it is possible to choose drugs and methods of influence during rhinoplasty. It is important to note that if the physician does not specify such information, it is a very alarming sign, characteristic of poorly qualified specialists.