If you are planning to have a rhinoplasty, you should definitely be familiar with all the nuances of its implementation. This is a very popular procedure today that involves the correction of defects in the nose.
The nose is a very complex organ responsible for several functions of the body at the same time. The main ones are acuity of smell and correct breathing. An important role in appearance is played by the location of the nose - in the center of the face, where it is difficult to disguise the organ's visual imperfections.
If you want to change the shape of your nose, the words "failed rhinoplasty" sound intimidating, and many questions arise about the operation and recovery period. In this article, we will try to explain, as much as possible, the possible causes of an unsuccessful rhinoplasty and how to avoid it.
How to understand that nose rhinoplasty was unsuccessful
It's easy to guess that, with a successful operation result, you get the desired result and the minimum of complications. Unsuccessful rhinoplasty is characterized by the presence of serious complications that affect the patient's normal functioning. And, therefore, the result of the operation does not coincide with what was expected.
How to tell the difference between an unsuccessful rhinoplasty:
- the pain at the operation site does not go away for a long time;
- strong pigmentation is visible on the skin;
- the shape of the nose is asymmetrical, the tip sinks in;
- there is no opportunity to breathe fully;
- swelling that lasts a long time;
- lack of smell for more than three months;
- the presence of visible scars and scars on the nose.
The whole list of complications can occur after rhinoplasty, but it should certainly go away after a while.
Observation! Full recovery after surgery requires at least six months. Only after the end of this period, it is possible to judge the result of the operation.
Worldwide, rhinoplasty is considered a surgery that presents risks of side effects. Complications arising from the installation of implants used to reconstruct the nasal frame are no exception.
Tissue rejection causes cyst formation, atrophy, fibrosis. The most dangerous to the body are infections that can result in life-threatening anaphylactic shock. The result immediately after surgery and after 6 months may not always be the same.
Reasons for unsuccessful rhinoplasty surgeries
Although an operation as complex as rhinoplasty has been performed for over a year, no specialist can guarantee an absolute result until the end. What are the reasons for this:
- A plastic surgeon cannot accurately predict the outcome of rhinoplasty because each organism behaves individually. Everyone can heal in different ways: blood vessels, nerves, nasal bones, cartilage, mucosa;
- The result after surgery may change after one year.
- Rehabilitation after rhinoplasty is also individual in nature, so you need to be under your doctor's supervision at all times.
The first reaction after an unsuccessful surgery is to blame the doctor. But we recommend that you find out what the reason is: a doctor's error or a body reaction.
The plastic surgeon with extensive experience in rhinoplasty must certainly understand the complications that have arisen and respond in time.
- During nasal hump rhinoplasty, if the surgeon does not perform the operation correctly, a depression in the nose may appear;
- During the operation, skin exfoliation may occur, which is full of tissue necrosis;
- If the doctor removes too much cartilage or bone tissue from the nose, the organ will look unnatural;
- During the operation, the doctor changed the size of the wings of the nose. This is a dangerous complication of nasal breathing. On inhaling, the nostrils are stuck together;
- If the doctor took the wrong measurements before the rhinoplasty, you may get an asymmetrical nose after the operation.
How to avoid unsuccessful rhinoplasty?
First of all, it is worth considering the choice of clinic and plastic surgeon where the rhinoplasty is to be performed with extreme responsibility.
- Check the actual evaluations of operated patients about the hospital and the doctor;
- The low cost of the operation is no reason to go to this clinic. On the contrary, it serves as a signal about the inexperience of the doctor, or about the lack of equipment necessary for the operation. But the obviously very high price is one reason to take a closer look at the clinic.
- Beautiful pre- and post-rhinoplasty photos and colorful comments are no reason to choose this particular doctor;
- Study the condition of the clinic you have chosen. Availability of modern equipment, qualification of employees is required;
- Please note that it is very difficult to reach a qualified and solicited physician. Some plastic surgeons make an appointment a year in advance;
- The physician's vast experience minimizes the unpleasant consequences after the operation;
- Read on the forum about the unsuccessful rhinoplasty experience. This will help you analyze mistakes that other people have made.
- Take a closer look at the doctor, his way of communicating, his approach to work. This will help assess the degree of your literacy and professionalism;
- The ideal would be to choose a clinic and a doctor, who has already operated on one of your true friends.
- The patient's psychological preparation is of great importance. Remember, it is unrealistic to buy a completely new nose. Sometimes the expectation of the result can be very high and the disappointment can be bitter.
- Before rhinoplasty, it is necessary to perform a comprehensive examination of the body and pass all necessary tests to avoid the risk of complications;
- Remember that there should be no secrets between doctor and patient, your health directly depends on it. Be sure to tell your doctor about chronic and recent illnesses;
- A great risk of unsuccessful rhinoplasty is caused by the patient's non-compliance with the doctor's prescriptions before and after the operation.
computer simulation method
The technique does not stop and today there is a great way to see and predict future results. The computer modeling technique will help you experiment with different nose shapes to find an acceptable option. Ideally, your nose should look like the after image during modeling. But this procedure does not provide a 100% guarantee that the operation will be successful. The result depends mainly on the individual characteristics of the patient and the qualification of the plastic surgeon.
When rhinoplasty is prohibited
In some cases, the operation is strictly prohibited. Violation of the recommendations can lead to serious problems during the procedure and during the rehabilitation period.
Here are the main contraindications for driving:
- inflammatory and infectious diseases;
- under 18 years of age;
- kidney and liver diseases;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- inflammatory process in the skin of the nasal region.
All prohibitions should be discussed with your doctor individually.
What to do after a failed rhinoplasty
Before going to the operation, you will need to read and sign the documents, which will indicate all possible options for an unfavorable outcome of the procedure. After rhinoplasty, the first person you will communicate with is your plastic surgeon. In any case, a competent and qualified specialist will try to resolve the problem peacefully. In the case of unsuccessful rhinoplasty, two people are responsible: the doctor and the patient. The operated person must strictly follow all the doctor's recommendations after the operation. If the doctor is to blame for the operation's failure, the clinic is obligated to return the money. To make a return, you need to contact special services that will protect your rights.
How to hold a doctor responsible
If it has not yet been possible to resolve the problem peacefully and the doctor has refused to contact you, it is necessary to file a compensation claim where all the requirements are described. After that, the clinic where the operation was performed is required to respond in writing.
If there is no response to your letter, either written or oral, please feel free to go to court. Any self-respecting clinic will certainly respond to your complaint, as its status among clients directly depends on it. However, be prepared for a long ordeal. During the investigation, an independent expert will be involved, after which the decision of the public security bodies will be taken.
How to behave correctly before and after rhinoplasty
Violation of the physician's prescriptions in preparation for the operation, and inappropriate behavior afterwards, can bring all the surgeon's efforts to zero.
In preparation for rhinoplasty, you should:
- completely abandoning bad habits, such as alcohol and smoking, which can lead to poor tissue healing;
- it is prohibited to take medications that affect blood clotting to prevent bleeding after surgery;
- after rhinoplasty, it is not possible to go to the solarium, sauna, to avoid pressure peaks;
- any physical activity is prohibited, especially those in which it is necessary to bow the head;
- sleeping is recommended on a high pillow, or with an elevated headboard. This will help reduce swelling and prevent nose deformity;
- within a month after rhinoplasty, it is not recommended to consume very cold or hot drinks and dishes;
- for 2 weeks you need to wear a special plaster cast, which serves as a frame for the nose during the healing period;
- it is prohibited to wear glasses during the rehabilitation period, as they can deform the tissue. If necessary, you must wear contact lenses;
- you shouldn't plan a pregnancy for a year after rhinoplasty;
- avoid blowing your nose for 2 months after surgery. To clean your nose, you should use the sprays your doctor prescribes. Vaseline or peach oil also helps to hydrate.
Before rhinoplasty, it is very important to choose an experienced doctor, a highly specialized clinic and know the actual evaluations of patients. However, the patient is also not exempt from responsibility: it is important to provide honest information about his health, pass all necessary tests and follow the doctors' recommendations. But even if all these conditions are met, the risk of negative consequences is not excluded.
When to see a doctor for correction
All complications after an unsuccessful rhinoplasty are conventionally divided into aesthetic and functional. Basically, for a second rhinoplasty, apply if there is nose pain, low sensitivity and nasal breathing disorder. The aesthetic appearance of the nose can be impaired by asymmetry and deformation.
The main indicators for naming a second operation:
- Excessive or insufficient correction of the initial nose defect, in which its functionality was impaired;
- Violation of the integrity of the cartilage and bone structure, resulting in the formation of scars and adhesions.
Nose reconstruction after unsuccessful rhinoplasty
If you decide to correct your nose with the same doctor who performs the rhinoplasty, you need to consult them and find out why the complications have arisen. Next, you need to come up with a precise plan for carrying out the recovery activities.
How long a second rhinoplasty can be performed is up to the doctor. Note that the rehabilitation period is long enough, up to six months.
Postoperative recovery methods
There are several options for correcting unsuccessful rhinoplasty. Which one is right for you depends on the degree of complication and individual characteristics.
- Nasal Rhinoplasty with Filling- the softest shape that will help make the shape more symmetrical. This correction refers to non-surgical rhinoplasty. It also allows you to correct the shape of the nose, smooth the skin. However, the biggest disadvantage of this correction method is the short-term effect. Most likely, in a year or less, you will have to repeat this procedure.
- If the deficiencies are clearly visible on your face after the operation, you should resort to the method.corrective rhinoplasty. . . Today, this is the most common way to correct unsuccessful rhinoplasty. After the operation, an unexpected outcome is possible, as no one knows exactly how your body will behave after the operation. Corrective rhinoplasty aims to correct small defects, improve respiratory function, eliminate scars and scars.
- revision rhinoplasty. . . This is a radical way to correct the consequences of the first operation. A complete operation, which is legitimately considered more complex than the previous one. This procedure is used to correct the most severe cases. However, one should not expect miracles from revision rhinoplasty, as its main objective is to correct the consequences that affect the patient's normal life.
There are many options to fix an unsuccessful operation. Your main task is to react in time to complications and see a doctor. As rhinoplasty has gained great popularity recently, the possibilities for correcting an unsuccessful procedure are also expanding.
There are cases of inadequate patient dissatisfaction after surgery. Remember that the final result will only be clear at the end of the rehabilitation period, which lasts at least a year. Only after the required period has elapsed can the result of the rhinoplasty be fully evaluated. You need to adapt to the new nose, get used to the change in appearance. In case of functional changes, reoperation is not possible before one year later.
Unsuccessful Rhinoplasty Reviews
"It took me a long time to decide on nasal rhinoplasty. I have a congenital lump in my nose that almost frazzled my nerves as a teenager. So I seemed to have come to terms with it, but the idea of the operation haunted me. I took a clinic in ours. I decided to correct the bulge of the nose radically - with an operation. However, an unpleasant surprise awaited me after the operation, the hump naturally disappeared, but a depression formed in its place. It seems to be small, but why do I need to The surgeon assured me that in the rehabilitation process everything will stabilize. But 2 months passed and the depression remained. I panicked and went online. Turns out I wasn't the only one and there was an error during the operation. clinic, as they made concessions to me. I had a second correction, this time with another doctor, and the depression disappeared. It was possible to shake his nerves, of course, and process, but I just didn't have time toto do this. "
Failed rhinoplasty before and after photos
Finally, we suggest that you look at the photo of unsuccessful noses after rhinoplasty. And once again, we urge, with all responsibility, to approach the choice of a clinic and a doctor for rhinoplasty. And then the risk of complications will be reduced to zero.